Sunday, August 1, 2010

Android Amigurumi

 


I waited patiently for a week for the Droid X to come in...and it was worth the wait...it was also worth having to run home to get my social security card (I'm mid name change and they didn't recognize my current license with my old last name). I was behind another guy who had arrived at 9:30 AM and picked his phone up just before mine. I got there at about 10AM and probably didn't walk out of there (with a phone) until 1PM. But I'm so happy with it. I was working on a cactus amigurumi when I looked down and realized that it was *just* the right shade of green to make a little Android.

Here is a little recipe so you can make your own! If anyone has any tips on how to make the transition from head to body sharper, I'd appreciate it. I think it looked better before I sewed it all together.

Android Amigurumi

Head (this is worked from the top down):
R1- Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *Sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4-6: Sc 18, bind off leaving long tail for sewing
Work on face - Position and attach 6 mm plastic eyes with safety backings, add antennae with 3 chain stitches.

Body (this is worked from the bottom up):
R1- Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *Sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R5- Sc 1, through front loops only (18 sts)
R6-12 Sc 1 (18 sts), bind off

Arms & Legs (these are worked from the bottom up)
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
Arms:
R2-5: Sc 6
R6: Sc 1 stitch across from the current stitch, to close off the tube.
Bind off, leave a long tail for sewing and sew to body
Legs:
R2-3: Sc 6
Bind off, leave a long tail for sewing and sew to body

Sew parts together, do not over stuff so it will keep the cylindrical shape rather than getting rounded out.

Note rough proportions, his head is about half of the height of his body, and his legs are about half the height of his arms.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Alison said...

How exciting! You must have really wanted it to wait 3 hours for it... wow! The little guy is pretty cute. wish I knew how to crochet.

RollerScrapper said...

It is super easy, I will show you how :)
And yes...I *really* wanted that Droid X :)

allYson said...

OMG. I might have to try this out ...

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

omg!! sooo cute! I think I am going to switch to droid too.. waiting for next one tho... we shall see...can't wait for disney!