Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crop at Tiffany's

I had a wonderful time with Charity Wings once again! I entered the raffle, I played at the bling bar, I did an incredible make and take class with Suzi Blu (now I totally want some of those Faber Castell Gelatos), and I even won some stuff in the silent auction! I didn't crop, but instead I brought my crochet...I have to say that it's a lot lighter to bring yarn than paper! I had a blast!

I also wanted to let everyone know about the raffle. It is for a beautiful pearl necklace. Now you may be asking me, why am I telling people about this, I'm going to reduce my chances to win, well so be it, this is to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club of San Marcos! Also if you tell them I sent you, I can win a Westcott Prize pack, but seriously, just buy some raffle tickets for yourself. I'd be happy to lose to anyone since all the money raised will help the Boys and Girls Club who hosted us!




Breakfast at Tiffany's Macarons

Breakfast at Tiffany's Macarons
A trio of macs


Here is the description I brought to the event since I wasn't sure if anyone knew what Macarons were...heck I didn't know what they were until a few weeks ago! However the lovely Elena knew exactly what they were, regaling us about a trip to Paris where she enjoyed Macarons and Champagne each night! Swoon!

Macarons are French confections, and are all the rage in Paris and many other major metropolitan cities. I chose to make Macarons as they are quite a fickle challenge to make and they can really be made into any flavor. I can imagine Holly GoLightly indulging in a few Macarons with her Jet set.


Breakfast at Tiffany’s Macaron:
Holly may have had her Danish while window shopping at Tiffany’s, but if she was to have a dessert, it would be this, a Tiffany blue Almond Macaron with a White Chocolate and Cream Cheese filling

Paul’s Cracker Jack Macaron:
This Peanut and salted caramel Macaron is inspired by the box of Cracker Jacks where Paul finds the ring, which he later has engraved at Tiffany’s.

Holly’s Flaxseed and Chocolate Ganache Macaron:
Even though you feel like you’re indulging, every socialite knows that you still need to be healthy! These cookies have heart healthy Omega-3’s and antioxidants. Even though it feels decadent, it’s still packed with the powerhouse of flaxseed

T&Co macs

T&Co macs
I used edible markers to write the T&Co



Award winning macs

Award winning macs
I did win a tiara for my efforts, but I was the only one who baked a dessert! One person brought in some delicious cake pops, but she bought them. However I'm just glad that everyone liked them! I got a major compliment of "This is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!" Now this is why I bake! Well making people happy plus my own sweet tooth!






a quickr pickr post

9 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

You totally deserve that tiara...these are amazing!

RollerScrapper said...

Thank you! I was just thrilled to get the blue ones the right blue! :)

mo.honey said...

I don't understand most of this post but, the one thing I do know is that you are the luckiest person I know and I am confident you will win. You win EVERYTHING!! It's amazing.

mo.honey said...

princess of pastries!!!

Alison said...

Wow, your macaroon display is so cute!!! You are just so gosh darn crafty! I need some serious advice on digi scrap software. If it suits you, can you do a post on some basics?

Jill Colonna said...

Wow. Your macarons look stunning. Adore the colours and gorgeous photos.

Anonymous said...

These are just too precious and beautiful - kind of like the gems at Tiffany's. Love the craker jack and flax seed-chocolate to..all fantastic, creative and delcious ideas! Yes, you do deserve a tiara :)

Anonymous said...

These are just too precious and beautiful - kind of like the gems at Tiffany's. Love the craker jack and flax seed-chocolate to..all fantastic, creative and delcious ideas! Yes, you do deserve a tiara :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning our blog on Mactweets. Your Tiffany macs went a pretty step further than ours with the T&C lettering. And what a generous heart you have by making macarons for a good cause.