Friday, September 3, 2010

Laotian Wedding




Laotian Wedding
Today I took off work early and the captain and I went to a Laotian wedding ceremony. It was really interesting, the groom came down the street, while his best man shaded him with an umbrella. There was chanting until candles went out. Food was passed, and white strings were tied with wishes for the new married couple. Finally the flower arrangements were placed in their bedroom, they passed out flowers near their pillows, and their parents went with them to their bedroom to take more photographs. It was fascinating, and finished by some really delicious food. Of course my eyes were bigger than my stomach, so I couldn't try it all. We feel lucky to have been included in a celebration that was mostly family.






a quickr pickr post

No comments: